Saturday 11 February 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - Book Review
Description:
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

Calamity's Review:
            I was very excited to read this book because I really do believe in fate and this book pretty much revolves around that.The Statistical Probabilty of Love at First sight was amazingly depressing for me. I had talked to many people about it and they all said that it was very cute (which it definitely is) and that it's the perfect love story. When I read this book, I immediately wanted to cry. And its not because I'm upset over my own love life not being this perfect. It's actually because this book showed two completely different types of family dynamics and both of them were unfortunate in their own ways. It was very dejecting and I can't start to explain the emotions I was feeling.
            I felt terrible for Hadley because of how her relationship with her father was going and that it is the way it is because of the decision she made to stay distant from him. I felt horrible for Oliver.. well I don't really want to "spoil" the book for anyone. Anyway, this book was staggering because of all the emotions that were running wild within me while I was reading it. It was all I could think about after I finished the book. As for the romantic part.. it was kind of unbelievable...cute...but soooo unbelievable. The character were...interesting, to say the least. Hadely was like an open book, whereas Oliver really had me guessing. The great thing about the characters was that they were very dynamic. It was a surprise after a surprise. The Characters were not as cliché as the book itself.  


 Three Stars!


BTW, Chaos is too awesome to read this book   

No comments:

Post a Comment