Monday 4 June 2012

Book Review: Obsidian by J.L. Armentrout

Source: Bought

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Publisher: Entangled Teen

Description:
Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is

Calamity's Review:
Let us start with the cover! I'm not a huge fan of PEOPLE on covers because then all I can imagine are THOSE people and it throws off my imagination. Ya know? I guess the guy has these rugged looks that are sort of (very) appealing but I ain't into that. Keep it for the movies. I really like the background of the cover though. Ties in everything with the book. All the LIGHTning symbolism and whatnot.
On to the internal-ness of the book. I gotta say, i did not finish it in ONE READING because I have homework and house work and stuff that doesn't matter. BUT if I didn't have a life, I would defs be able to finish it in one reading. I don't know if this next part is a spoiler or not but.....ALIENS! wooooohhooooo! I loved that concept. They're literally other-worldly. I would have liked it more if the book concentrated more on the alien-ness and less on the love/lust-ness. I just felt like it was SLIGHTLY repetetive in the little arguments that the two MCs kept getting in, but it was funny. Maybe I'm just being a critique though, and overthinking this. Anyway, the book was defs worth a read.
Katy, the Main girl protagonist, was very cool. I felt like i could relate to her because of her love for books AND gardening. It was awesome, kind of like I found my other half. LOL. Everthing she did in that book, I agreed with and I wasn't constantly in disagreement with her. That was a major bonus point. LOL *wink wink* I guess you'll get that reference once you read the book.

I RATE THIS BOOK A FOUR!

No comments:

Post a Comment